• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Really bad spins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraithX

Bluelighter
I got these spins once about a year ago, and thought nothing of it. But it happened again - twice - this morning.

It's not the regular spins you get when you're drunk. These feel like someone has thrown your brain on a roulette table. when I try to open my eyes it looks as if my eyes are spinning in a slot machine. This usually lasts for a minute or two and then I'm sick and feel like shit for a few hours. It only ever happens when I sleep.

I think it may be assosicated with drug abuse as the first time it happened it was after a hefty session. I also get sleep paralysis sometimes (I got it last night also).

If it happens when I'm standing up or in the shower or something I'm screwed as I will most definitely collapse and wack my head off something - anyone know what this is?

Is it always when you get up quickly? I get this a lot, or used to. It's all the blood rushing to your extremeties and away from your head. Stand up and the world disappears, although I fucking loved it because it felt like nitrous haha. All my doctor said was to stand up slower, though I would never remember that every time I moved. If it's significant problem you could try that and hopefully that'll solve things.

Wiki link for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

no - It happens when I'm sleeping - lying down. And it wakes me up.

I get dizzy spells when I stand up too quickly too, but this is nothing like that. It's 100x more intense.

Ah, well I get that too sometimes. Usually associated with pot for me so the answer could be simple..

Sounds like labyrinthitis or an inner-ear infection/problem of some sort.

it sounds you either have an inner ear problem or something more serious like a problem with your brain ex: blood clot or maybe too much fluid in the dome

i would recommend going to a doctor.

i wish ya the best bud:)

Still get these pretty regularly.

After a bit of research it turns out this is bppv (Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)

Just thought I'd post this incase anyone had a similar problem and found this post using google.

Status
Not open for further replies.